Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SyncBack SE v7.12 stopped working

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Merkur

SyncBack SE v7.12 stopped working

Post by Merkur »

I am a long time user of SyncBack and have the 7.12.12.0 version installed on a Windows 10 Pro PC. It backs up all my files and I have never had a problem with it. Today I just relized that it has not been backing up for the past two months and I have begun troubleshooting.

The error it comes up with is 'Cannot connect to Backup Drive. Access to network resource is denied.' I can access the backup drive using the File Explorer and it has plenty of space so I cannot understand why SyncBack cannot 'see' it.

To test it, I tried creating a new profile using the wizard. When I go to selecting the source, I click 'Internal/external drive, network path etc but cannot get it to show the drives and folders. Its as though SyncBack has been denied access to the computer resources. I tried running SyncBack as an Administrator but it didnt help.

Any thoughts on what I can do to troubleshoot this?

Paul
Merkur

Re: SyncBack SE v7.12 stopped working

Post by Merkur »

I posted too soon. I think I have resolved this and have left it doing an overnight backup. Will check in the morning.

The problem was that I needed to re-login to the network drive. Same username and password that were in there but for some reason I needed to re-log in. I did this by selecting the profile/Modify/Network and then in the destination username and password blocks I re-entered the Username and password. Prior to doing this if I clicked 'Test Connection' it gave an 'Access Denied'. Afterwards it gave a 'Connection OK'.

Paul