Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Sync Back SE repeatedly copies the same source files

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
jhenrichs

Sync Back SE repeatedly copies the same source files

Post by jhenrichs »

Have been using this as my backup for several years now and it has, until recently, worked very well.
Now it is coping the same source files to the destination even though the files already exist in the destination. I can run a profile to copy the new source files to the destination, then wait an hour or two, and run the same profile again. On the second run the program will copy exactly the same files as those in the last prior run plus any new files since that run.
Can anyone help me in resolving this issue? Thanks.
ajs
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Sync Back SE repeatedly copies the same source files

Post by ajs »

I have seen this problem when using Fast Backup, the way to fix this was to force a rescan in the fact backup setting. I suspect that the fast backup database was being corrupted.

Hope this is of some help.

Andrew.
jhenrichs

Re: Sync Back SE repeatedly copies the same source files

Post by jhenrichs »

To ajs (Andrew). Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. I did force the rescan as you suggested. Also, while I was on the Fast Backup page of the Modify profile I noticed the "Keep fast backup data based on the actual destination directory" option and selected that option. Now my backups process as I wanted them to, and thought that they were but apparently weren't. Thanks again for you assistance.