Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

"Force a re-scan when"-variables

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Soginet

"Force a re-scan when"-variables

Post by Soginet »

Hi!

I'm using SyncBack SE for many years and I love it! Most of my profiles are fast-backup profiles. What I'm still missing is an adequate way for me to use the force re-scan-variables. I want to have my profiles force a re-scan once a month, but my profiles are not running every day or in some other way automatically. I start them manually from time to time and of course on different days. This eliminates the proper use of most of the variables. Or not? Also the %LASTSUCCESSRUNMONTH%-variable which first sounded good for me isn't working cause I can only specify a certain month but not something like "one month ago", right?

So is there a way to setup my profiles to force a re-scan if the last successful run was more than one month ago?

Regards,
Soginet
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: "Force a re-scan when"-variables

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

SyncBack automatically performs a rescan of the destination drive, if the condition set under the option “Force a re-scan when” is evaluated to true. Variables such as %DATE%, %WEEKDAYOFWEEK%, %DAYOFWEEKNAME, %TIME% etc., can be used even though you run the profile occasionally. However, certain variables like %LASTRUNYEAR% and %LASTSUCCESSRUNYEAR% might return an empty string, if the profile has not yet been run or if it is not run successfully. In such cases, the force-rescan will not be performed until the conditions set are satisfied.

Sorry, but there is no variable available in SyncBack to perform a rescan if the last successful run was more than a month ago. As stated in the help file, the variable %LASTSUCCESSRUNMONTH% just returns the month the profile was last run without error (i.e. month number – 1,2,3 etc), but this can’t be used for your purpose.

Thank you.
Soginet

Post by Soginet »

That's a pity, but thanks for your reply!
Tyree
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Tyree »

That's a shame. I have profiles that run weekly and would like a way to tell it to rescan, say, every 4th run. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Upgrade to the Pro version (you can usually do so for the cost-difference only, unless you are upgrading from SE V4/5/6 to Pro V7) and use an installable script. (Only the Pro version supports installable scripting.)

http://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtop ... 93&p=41446
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

PS: found this, which may answer any V-upgrade questions

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... yncbackpro
Tyree
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Tyree »

I happen to already own Pro, I was just piggy-backing on Soginet's post. :-)
Looking into the scripts...