Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Windows 10 shutdown is not automatic due to SyncBackSE profiles running

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
folky

Windows 10 shutdown is not automatic due to SyncBackSE profiles running

Post by folky »

I have SyncBackSE V7.6.28.0. I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 a couple months ago. I have 2 (somewhat similar) profiles running in SyncBackSE. Both start at Windows login. And both are set to run when there are changes to files/directories at the Source. Neither are set to run at Windows shutdown. But the latter is the only thing I noticed in this forum that's similar to my problem.

When I had Windows 7 - with the same SyncBackSE profiles - when I shutdown my computer, my computer shutdown when I did the Windows 7 shutdown command. I didn't need to do any extra steps regarding SyncBackSE.

However, now when I try to shutdown Windows 10, it tells me it can't shutdown because profiles are running, or SyncBackSE is open, or something like that (I don't remember the exact message). If I want to shutdown Windows, I have to manually stop the SyncBackSE profiles before Windows 10 will shutdown.

Is there a way for Windows 10 to shutdown when I tell it to shutdown without manually going into SyncBackSE to shutdown profiles first?

Thanks,

Mark
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Windows 10 shutdown is not automatic due to SyncBackSE profiles running

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

This is a known issue since Windows 8 (not SyncBack's). You can read more about this and the possible workaround in our KB article: http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... off-during

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
folky

Post by folky »

Kostas,

Thanks for the reply, but I had read that KB article a few times previously and I don't see how it applies or helps (or I just don't understand it). I don't have, or want, a profile to run when shutting down Windows 10. I just want Windows 10 to shut down (like Windows 7 had previously done - I never had Windows 8).

My workaround is to open SyncBack in the system tray and select Exit (which shuts down SyncBack) and I then do the normal Windows 10 shutdown. Or, maybe I can do "Shut down anyway" on the Win 10 shut down screen if I don't exit out of SyncBack first (I don't remember if that works).

Thanks,

Mark
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
“I have 2 (somewhat similar) profiles running in SyncBackSE. Both start at Windows login. And both are set to run when there are changes to files/directories at the Source. Neither are set to run at Windows shutdown.”
As you have configured your profiles to run automatically using:

Modify > When > Changes trigger

I suspect that a file (or files) within the scope of your profile/s backup selection might have changed when you invoked the shutdown of PC. Thus the profiles appeared to be running when the PC was shutdown. In order, to understand the trigger that is executing the profile at the time of shutdown – I would suggest you to check the ‘Trigger’ section of your profile’s latest log, immediately after stopping the profile.

In addition, if you want you can submit a support zip using the Contact Support link in this article for further investigation:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions. Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.
folky

Post by folky »

Swapna,

For both profiles, Under Modify/When/Changes the only thing checked is "Run this profile when any files or directories are changed on Source." Nothing else is checked on that screen. I have 0 seconds in the item that says "Wait a number of seconds for no changes before running the profile."

In the Trigger section of the log it has:

Trigger C:\a.data\a.Us\computers\ours\SyncBack\Logs (A file was modified - can be a change in the time stamp or attributes)

Thanks,

Mark
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

As suggested please submit a support ticket for the profile in-question by using the Contact Support links in this article and attach the support zip file for further investigation.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.