Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Create/upload password-protected ZIP file to FTP; Put Windows back to sleep

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
nereus
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Create/upload password-protected ZIP file to FTP; Put Windows back to sleep

Post by nereus »

Hello

I run SyncBackSE 6.5.49.0 on Windows 7, and have a couple of questions:
  1. For added safety, I'd like to zip a few locked files (Outlook, etc.) into a password-protected ZIP file, and upload it to a remote FTP server: Can SyncBackSE do this?
  2. I also notice that Windows doesn't go back to sleep after it's awaken to run SyncBackSE: What should I do?
Thank you.
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Create/upload password-protected ZIP file to FTP; Put Windows back to sleep

Post by Conrad Chung »

nereus wrote:Hello

I run SyncBackSE 6.5.49.0 on Windows 7, and have a couple of questions:
  1. For added safety, I'd like to zip a few locked files (Outlook, etc.) into a password-protected ZIP file, and upload it to a remote FTP server: Can SyncBackSE do this?
  2. I also notice that Windows doesn't go back to sleep after it's awaken to run SyncBackSE: What should I do?
Thank you.
Please note that SyncBacksE V6 is outdated and we no longer provide support for it. As a gesture of goodwill, I will answer your questions briefly.

Yes, SyncBack can create password-protected zip files. Refer to the Compression section for more info. Backing up to a remote FTP server is not an issue either.

Regarding your second question, you can create a batch file with Windows hibernate/sleep command inserted into the Program-After section of your profile. Refer to the SyncBackPro's Help file for more info.
nereus
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Create/upload password-protected ZIP file to FTP; Put Windows back to sleep

Post by nereus »

Thank you.