Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to copy a profile

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
humblepie

How to copy a profile

Post by humblepie »

I want to make a copy of a profile because most of its parameters will be the same in my new copy. However, when I make a copy of the profile and try to rename it or modify it, it appears the profile is something of a link to the original profile. Any changes are reflected in both!! That's not what I'm after. What am I missing here?

Thanks!
humblepie

Re: How to copy a profile

Post by humblepie »

For instance if I rename the copied profile, the original profile is also renamed. I simply want my copy of the original profile to act as a new and separate profile but with all the same settings, at least to start off with and any changes are only reflected in this new profile.
humblepie

Re: How to copy a profile

Post by humblepie »

Here's something I did between last post and now:
1) Made a backup copy of all "backup profiles" from the appdata/local folder for SyncbackSE
2) Uninstalled SyncbackSE using an uninstaller that removed local settings/profiles from my PC (Advanced Uninstaller Pro from download.cnet.com)
3) Re-installed SyncbackSE
4) Imported the last known good copy of my profiles from the backup created earlier. (I was careful to import inside groups profiles before importing the group itself as discussed in various articles here concerning such. Thus, imported inner-most profiles and worked my way up the food chain.)

Copy of a profile seems to work again.