Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to One-Time clone from source to destination?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pstein
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

How to One-Time clone from source to destination?

Post by pstein »

Assume I have multiple (big) directory trees (local and remote) which I synced a few week ago with SyncBackSE.
Both directory trees are changed slightly during these weeks.

Now I decided to use to the state of the remote on the local system as well.

When I call now the corresponding SyncBack Profiles then SyncBackSE tells me that
there are some newer files on the local (=dirty) computer which need to be copied to the remote system.
Furthermore SyncbackSE shows me some files which have been changed locally and remotely.

I don't want such a syncing.

How do I tell SyncBackSE to
- copy files from the "good" remote space to the local hard disk if they exist on both system and they are different.
- copy files from the "good" remote space to the local hard disk if the do NOT exist locally
- delete them on the local space if they do not exist remotely
- update its own file statistics (for future syncing; Important!)

This should be a one-time operation. From now on SyncBack should following (again) the previous syncing rules using the updated file statistics.

How can I achieve this without rewriting all the profiles?

Peter
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: How to One-Time clone from source to destination?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please export your profile configuration (that you are using to sync files to remote system) and send it to [email protected], so that we can verify your current profile settings and suggest further on your issue.

Thank you.