Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Huge fan, except for the ribbons

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
RobJohn

Huge fan, except for the ribbons

Post by RobJohn »

I recall the day when I first heard of SyncbackSE, and after trying it realized just how good it was. Bought a license in short order, and aside from that one time I mistakenly zipped hundreds of files (even zip files), it's run without complaint or issue since. Very happy. Renewed to v9, and find those dreadful ribbons instead of easy to follow "normal" menus. I've been able to get pretty much every other program that moved to those to use simple dropdowns instead, since they make far more sense to me (and pretty much everyone I know), but Syncback apparently doesn't offer that option in recent iterations.

Though not the worst implementation of ribbons I've come across, it's not to my liking after 20+ years of dropdowns.
Is there some logistic or usability reason for these that makes them superior to drop downs that I'm missing?
Will there be an option in the future that will allow the end user to decide which they use? Choice is important to me.