Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

RunBeforeCopyFile - Possible to backup jpeg from RAW images via script

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
bobthemagicmoose

RunBeforeCopyFile - Possible to backup jpeg from RAW images via script

Post by bobthemagicmoose »

I have all of my photos saved as RAW (.CR2) and would like to backup/sync with another drive as jpg files. This can be done with a simple Photoshop script that can be run from the command line. Is there a way to utilize the Syncback system to accomplish this? So instead of copying the file, it converts and saves such that picture.cr2 is saved as picture.jpg.

My guess is that "RunBeforeCopyFile" is the right function to implement but I wanted to make sure that this will not interfere with change detection etc. when I set DoneCopy to true even though a true copy was not made. Is there an example implementation of RunBeforeCopyFile that I could use a template? I've used SyncBack for a decade or so, but have never done anything this advanced. Thanks!
bobthemagicmoose

Re: RunBeforeCopyFile - Possible to backup jpeg from RAW images via script

I just realized that scripting is a Pro feature and is not available for SE version so I cannot do what I was hoping to anyway.
bobthemagicmoose

~~~ (sorry, I don't know how to edit posts...) ~~~
I still am interested in whether this would be difficult to do, if anyone has experience in this and could advise me as to whether this would be difficult, that would be appreciated (in case I choose to upgrade).
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

You can execute a batch file in SyncbackSE.

You say "This can be done with a simple Photoshop script" so just create a batch file doing that and execute it from SyncbackSE. Go to "Programs - Before", tick "Run before profile" then enter the path and batch file name. You also should tick "Wait until the program has finished before running next profile or exiting".