Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Delete files without archive attribute

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
domy_os

Delete files without archive attribute

Post by domy_os »

Hello,

I have a three 2 TB drives that are mirrored to another three offline 2 TB drives on monthly basis. The content of these drives is not changing that often but I would still like to have a daily backups on one online 1 TB drive. My idea was to create two profiles per drive:

- the first one for full monthly mirror with the option to clear the archive attribute on files in source
- the second one to copy only recently created/modified files that are marked with the archive attribute automatically by Windows

So, after I run the first profile, I will have the another drive with the same content and all files will be without archive attribute. One week later, some files will be created or modified and the second profile will copy them to the small drive. One month later, I will run the first profile again and all files will be mirrored to the offline drive and archive attribute will be clear.

After some time I will come to the problem because the small online drive will be overloaded with the unnecessary files that are already mirrored to the bigger offline drive. I was looking for an option but can not get the second profile to delete all files in the destination if none of the source files have the archive attribute set. There should be an option to delete the identical files with different properties, not only to copy properties.

Does anyone has an idea how to manage this? I can fix this manually but not in unattended mode.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Delete files without archive attribute

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, there is no option in SyncBack to delete a file if source and destination files are identical but differ in their properties.

Thank you.
domy_os

Re: Delete files without archive attribute

Post by domy_os »

OK, then I will play with the fast backup and use a different folder for full (rescan) backups.