Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Define remote Login+Passwd for GROUP (not single profile)?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pstein
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Define remote Login+Passwd for GROUP (not single profile)?

Post by pstein »

I put a couple of single profiles into a Group.

Some of the profiles are synced with a remote computer for which a separate Login+password is necessary.

Yes, I can put this Login+password in ALL single profilea into their option "Network" sections

But I want to put it only ONE time in Group for all containing single profiles.

Is this possible?

I found no "Network"section in Group options. Maybe there is a workaround?

Peter
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Define remote Login+Passwd for GROUP (not single profile)?

Post by mmullins_98 »

There may be a better option in SyncBackSE but you might find putting the password in the first profile only and set the option to not disconnect.

In SyncBackFREE: Do not disconnect from the network after the profile has run: By default SyncBackFree will disconnect the network connection once the profile run has finished (it will not disconnect if it used an existing connection). If you change this setting so that SyncBackFree does not disconnect you should be aware that it may cause problems with the computer you are connecting to and/or from. Windows, and other operating systems, have limits on the number of network connections that they can have open at any one time. The limit could depend on a number of factors, e.g. technical or licensing. If the connection is not dropped then the limit may be reached and problems may occur, e.g. computers may not be able to connect to the remote server.
pstein
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by pstein »

Ok, thank you.
However this is not satisfying.

How do I determine the "first" profile when I have lets say 8 profiles which run in parallel?

Assume I think profile "aaa" is the first profile and put the Login+Passwd into it
But in reality profile "bbb" is the first and cannot access remote computer.
Syncing fails.

Can I somehow tell SyncBack to (re)try for a user definable time each profile e.g. 1 minute until a failure will occur?

Peter
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You can create a Shared Setting for the Network page and use it in the other profiles. In V9, the Shared Setting button is on the top-left of Network page (which is next to the burger menu).

Click on the New button and provide a name to it, then enter the connection details and save the setting. The shared setting with the given name will be created, so you can use the shared setting in other profiles.

Please refer to the help file > Using SyncBack > Basic Operations > Shared setting for details on how to create shared settings in SyncBack.

Thank you.