Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to migrate existing profiles to the target computer?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pstein
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

How to migrate existing profiles to the target computer?

Post by pstein »

Assume I have setup SyncBack with a couple of profiles.
They sync multiple folder (trees) from local computer A (=Notebook) with remote computer B (Home Desktop).
It works.

Now I decided to move the SyncBack installation from computer A to computer B.

The directories/dirtrees to sync should be kept. Folder share permissions are already setup.
Local directory paths are the same on computer A and B.

Only source and target in SyncBack must be switched.
Or is there something more?

How can I most easily perform these profile switches?

Peter
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: How to migrate existing profiles to the target computer?

Post by mmullins_98 »

You can migrate by utilizing the "Export/Import" operations in Syncback. You may need to change the permissions on the exported files to copy them to the other PC. After importing the only source and destination need to be switched.