Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Destination sporadically not found

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
luas

Destination sporadically not found

Post by luas »

Hi,
I'm doing a backup with SyncBackSE 9.4.14.0 to a NAS drive. The job sporadically fails saying "Keine Verbindung zu Ziel : Der Netzwerkpfad wurde nicht gefunden." (No connection to destination: network path not found)
I suspect that the NAS hard drives are in standby and don't start up quick enough. Could this be the case, and is there any solution apart from disabling disk standby? How about an option to increase a delay, or define retries?

I just did an upgrade to 9.5.5.0, although I don't see anything related in the change log.

Thanks in advance!
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Destination sporadically not found

Post by mmullins_98 »

If nothing else you might just make a batch file to ping the destination and do a delay.
You can set SyncBack to "Run before profile" and select "Wait until the program has finished before running profile" for you batch file.

Good luck
luas

Re: Destination sporadically not found

Post by luas »

It should probably rather be a command like copy or dir that forces the hard disks to spin up. Ping might not trigger this. But yes, such a command followed by a "sleep 30" or something might be a workaround.