Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Best Practices Question

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
rumplestiltskin

Best Practices Question

Post by rumplestiltskin »

G'day!

Already using SE for a number of non-boot drive mirroring tasks and am quite happy.

For my "C" drive, I've been using Casper to clone a bootable USB drive; it does a daily "clone update" without versioning. Yes' it does boot and I can boot from it and clone back to the "C" drive if required.

However, if I wanted to use SyncBackSE for such a purpose, what is the best practice for doing so? I would imagine I'll need some sort of bootable drive separate from my SE backup(s). Will SE help me create such a drive? If not, is there an official method or, of not, a method someone is using to accomplish this properly?

Assistance appreciated. :D

Barry
dorisguiterrez

Re: Best Practices Question

Post by dorisguiterrez »

rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:31 pm
G'day!
pizza tower
Already using SE for a number of non-boot drive mirroring tasks and am quite happy.

For my "C" drive, I've been using Casper to clone a bootable USB drive; it does a daily "clone update" without versioning. Yes' it does boot and I can boot from it and clone back to the "C" drive if required.

However, if I wanted to use SyncBackSE for such a purpose, what is the best practice for doing so? I would imagine I'll need some sort of bootable drive separate from my SE backup(s). Will SE help me create such a drive? If not, is there an official method or, of not, a method someone is using to accomplish this properly?

Assistance appreciated. :D

Barry
I think it can help you create such a drive.