Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to ignore folders completely

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
wallywalters

How to ignore folders completely

Post by wallywalters »

I have a folder containing six subfolders, and that folder is completely backed up on another drive. Going forward, however, I only want four of those six subfolders backed up from now on -- the other two I want to leave forever unchanged, even if the contents of those folders do change on the host drive. But if I uncheck those two folders in "choose subfolders and files" in the profile, SyncBack still sees them and offers them up for deletion. How can I make it completely overlook those two subfolders in the first place?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: How to ignore folders completely

Post by mmullins_98 »

If possible could you specify the version of Syncback and OS you are using?
Also can you provide screen shots of your "choose subfolders and files" and of where you see "SyncBack still sees them and offers them up for deletion".

I have never had any problem unchecking folders or files like you describe.