Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

is there a new taskbasr icon in 10.2.14.0?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

is there a new taskbasr icon in 10.2.14.0?

Post by bhenshaw »

When I have SyncBackSE 10.2.14.0 running and the window open, the taskbar icon looks like this.

image2.jpg
image2.jpg (1.12 KiB) Viewed 18405 times

The tray icon still looks like this.

image1.jpg
image1.jpg (852 Bytes) Viewed 18405 times

I believe the taskbar icon used to look the same as the tray icon. Has it been changed for the new version?

Bill
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: is there a new taskbasr icon in 10.2.14.0?

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

Try clearing the Windows thumbnail cache and see if it helps. You can Google "clear windows thumbnail cache" and find the appropriate solution for your Windows version.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

I cleared the icon cache and restarted the computer. No change. I see the same icon in the taskbar.

I tried an over the top install of 10.2.14.0 in case something had been corrupted. No change.

Any other ideas what might have changed?

Thanks,
Bill
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

I meant that I cleared the thumbnail cache and that didn't help.

Bill
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Today I tried completely uninstalling SyncBackSE and re-installing it. I still get the correct icon in the tray, but the wrong icon on the taskbar when SyncBackSE is running.

Any other ideas? It was fine until just recently... maybe with the update to 10.2.14.0.

Bill
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

I just tested and discovered that if I pin the program to the taskbar, the icon looks fine when I open the program GUI. If the program is not pinned to the taskbar the wrong icon shows in the taskbar. Does that provide any clues as to why the wrong icon is showing. SyncBackSE is the only program experiencing this problem and as I mentioned before it just started happening in the last few weeks.

Thanks,
Bill
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

This problem is not uncommon on Windows and a search on Google reveals plenty of posts about it along with some potential solutions. SyncBack play no role in the pinning/unpinning process.

Try searching your hard disk for any other instances of the SyncBackSE executable, maybe some old copy somewhere messes up Windows.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Thanks for the reply Kostas. Can you give me hand with what the search criteria should be? I searched quite a bit and didn't find anything that seemed to apply. I have never had the program pinned and it has always had the correct icon. It is only with the recent update to SyncBackSE that it got the wrong icon. Any help appreciated in my search.

Thanks,
Bill
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Open a command prompt, and then go to the root of your C: drive and perform a search.

Code: Select all

cd \ 
dir SyncBackSE.exe /s
It should find at least one entry under your Program Files folder, which is expected. If it finds more than one then you may have an issue.

And btw, can you find SyncBackSE when you type/search in the Start Menu and how many?

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Just realized you meant a Google search (most likely) :lol:

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows ... r+is+blank

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Thanks Kostas,

I had already run across some of these and none of the solutions worked. I guess my issue is slightly different. My taskbar is not blank. It works fine even with the icon that looks like a blank sheet of paper. The icon is correct when pinned and not correct when unpinned.

I guess I'll just have to live with it. It is strange that no other programs have the problem and it just started with the SyncBackSE update and worked fine for years with SyncBackSE.

Thanks,
Bill