I am hoping there’s a super simple way to do what I ask below, and I just can’t locate it. I have tried searching this forum. However, it appears you cannot search for a specific phrase by wrapping it in quotes. Because of this, my search returns pages and pages of unhelpful results. So, please forgive me if this specific question has already been asked and answered.
Question: Within a profile (not within Task Scheduler), is there a way to prevent it from running, or even allow it to fail silently, if it is already running or due to run?
- Profile 1 mirrors files from Drive A to Drive B.
- Profile 2 syncs files between Drive C and Drive D.
- Profile 1 is assigned to Group Automated and Group Manual.
- Profile 2 is only assigned to Group Manual (the group contains all document-related profiles).
- During business hours, Group Automated is scheduled to run every 5 minutes. Keep in mind it is the group that’s scheduled, not an individual profile.
So, I would like to know if there’s a setting within a profile (again, not within Task Scheduler) that will prevent it from running if it’s already running or due to run. I’d also be perfectly content if I could learn how to force this specific error to fail silently.
In an effort to be respectful of everyone’s time (mine included), I want to be clear that I’m not looking for any ‘work around’ suggestions, nor a discussion on best practices. I am already aware of alternative options that would prevent the occurrence of this issue. However, those options all have their flaws. So, I ask that you kindly resist the temptation to go down that path and please focus solely on the question I’ve asked.
Thank you for your time!