Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

New here?

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
chris012

New here?

Post by chris012 »

Hi, I am new here and looking for some guidance about 2brightsparks. how should I store backup of my data. kindly guys guide me the process.
obalik

Re: New here?

Post by obalik »

I'm need to the same guide. Thanks for everyone
milesstone

Post by milesstone »

chris012 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:36 am
Hi, I am new here and looking for some guidance about 2brightsparks. how should I store backup of my data. kindly guys guide me the process.
Hi I am also new here and I think you should visit the official site of 2Brightsparks because they have given all the information there.

Which I think can be very helpful for you.
Sn3akyP3t3
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 »

Would be nice to find an article that describes this nicely, but I can't find one readily available that isn't a marketing pitch.

So you need to decide if you want to conduct just a data backup or if you need something that offers you full computer restoration capabilities like a time machine. Then you need to understand a few concepts about what a backup is and what it is not.

If you need data backup as a solution then SyncBack will help. If you need full image solutions then SyncBack will not be able to help you. Do a web search for image backup software solutions. I used to recommend Acronis for this, but they've gone to a subscription based solution and that's just stupid (impractical) expensive for normal working people.

So a backup is only a backup if
  • Its there's more than one of itself. The original on disk remains intact. The backup is the 2nd copy.
  • Stored in another location that is NOT located on/in the same disk, computer, house, building, or hopefully geographical location. This avoids loss of data due to accidental deletion/damage, failures, theft, and/or natural disaster.
  • Data restoration has been tested. This doesn't need to be done as a full restore, but it should be reviewed at some small scale to confirm data integrity and no surprises for missing data. Nothing stings more than a backup that is incomplete (missing data) when disaster recovery is needed.
  • Data backup integrity is verified for corruption at some sane cadence. (This is optional, but a good idea)
If you need a place to direct your backups seek a hosted service with a good reputation or build a computer and host it as a family or friends home. I recommend BackBlaze for the reasonable cost and reputation. If you can do self-hosting with your own server then look no further than building an UnRaid server.
nuyter

Post by nuyter »

hi,

Hi, if you are new here and looking for some guidance about 2brightsparks. And how should you store your data backups? I help you about it.
So a reinforcement is as it were a reinforcement if
1. Its there's more than one of itself. The first on disk remains intaglio. The reinforcement is the 2nd copy.
2. Stored in another area that's NOT found on/in the same disk, computer, house, building, or ideally geological area. This maintains a strategic distance from misfortune of information due to coincidental deletion/damage, disappointments, robbery, and/or natural disaster.
3. Data reclamation has been tried. This doesn't got to be done as a full reestablish, but it ought to be checked on at a few small scale to confirm information keenness and no shocks for lost information. Nothing stings more than a reinforcement that's incomplete (lost information) when fiasco recovery is needed.
4. Data reinforcement astuteness is confirmed for debasement at a few normal cadence. (This is often discretionary, but a great thought)
I am usually working on furniture.
thanks!
CynthiaLane

Post by CynthiaLane »

chris012 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:36 am
To store a backup of your data using 2BrightSparks SyncBack, you can follow these general steps:

Download and install SyncBack: Visit the 2BrightSparks website and download the SyncBack software. Install it on your computer.

Launch SyncBack: Open the SyncBack application once it's installed on your computer.

Create a new backup profile: In SyncBack, you'll need to create a backup profile, which defines what files and folders you want to back up and where you want to store the backup.

Choose backup source: Select the files and folders you want to include in the backup. This could be specific files, folders, or even entire drives.

Choose backup destination: Specify where you want to store the backup. You can choose an external hard drive, a network location, or a cloud storage service.

Configure backup options: Set up additional options such as compression, encryption, and scheduling. These options allow you to customize the backup process according to your preferences.

Run the backup: Once you've configured the backup profile, you can run the backup process. SyncBack will start copying the selected files and folders to the specified destination.

Verify the backup: After the backup is completed, it's a good practice to verify that the backup was successful and all the files were copied correctly.

Regularly update your backup: To ensure your data is always up to date, it's important to schedule regular backups or manually update them whenever you make significant changes to your files.
Jason Henry

Post by Jason Henry »

Welcome! To store backups with 2BrightSparks, consider using SyncBack, their popular backup software. First, download and install SyncBack. Launch the program and create a new profile. Specify your source (what you want to back up) and destination (where the backup will be stored). Configure settings like file types, scheduling, and versioning according to your preferences. Once set up, run the profile to initiate the backup process. Feel free to ask for more details or explore 2BrightSparks' documentation for specific guidance. I think this will help others also with same problem.