Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

P2P syncs

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
adoucette

P2P syncs

Post by adoucette »

I have already purchased licenses for SyncBack SE and Pro, and have been using for years. Really is the best-of-breed sync tool for Windows - keep up the great work.
One feature I found myself wanting that prompted consideration of purchasing from a competitor is easy P2P sync.
Software like SyncThing (free) and GoodSync (expensive) both allow users to sync to peers either over LAN and WAN networks by simply matching an identifier key from the peers. So the companies must have set up something on their servers to point these peers to the proper IPs.
It very much simplifies the process for the consumer who isn't capable of configuring dynamic DNS and its updater, and figuring out routing and port forwarding (or just doesn't have the time). The software above finds the easiest path (e.g. LAN only if on same LAN) and also encrypts the packets before sending over the network.
This is something CrashPlan used to do for people as well.

Anyway, might make a nice feature for the consumer set -- and might open up possibilities for remote syncing and from mobile devices.