Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Had something to share

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
MaxP

Had something to share

Post by MaxP »

Hi!

If these apps are unable to meet the deadline to comply with our updated data policy requirements, they'll lose access to your Account starting July 15th, 2019.

Just received an email from google saying that Syncback will no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content.

Checking my google account it shows that Syncback has access to Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail as well as see and download all of your Google Account email addresses.

It also says that this is an unverified developer. I use the feature to send myself log files for scheduled backups. Be nice to know if 2brightsparks plans to fix this.

Thanks.
MaxP

Re: Had something to share

Post by MaxP »

Hi! Anyone out here?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Had something to share

Post by Kostas »

To get around this you will need to use the application password method described in these KB articles and modify your profile configuration to use App password (with 2-step verification):
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000336171
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335845

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]