My Mom lives in another country, some 2000 km away. "In case of..." bad things happen, I need access to some documents, contacts, whatever. Sometime, she sends me updates via mail, but that can be accidentally forgotten. She's not an IT-Pro but since I've sent her a ready-to-run-notebook, she uses it for most important things - what's good.
So I'm thinking about a solution to my problem: Mom is storing the important data on the notebook. How can I get a copy of that data in my house?
First thought has been SBTouch. But than I've many problems: Firewalls, Online-Times...
Second has been "Cloud", but I don't like to have sensitive data (last will, health-reports, contacts, contracts etc.) in a cloud.
Third thought: Encrypt those data.
- install SBP on Moms notebook
- backup the files with activated encryption to the local OneDrive-folder
- let OneDrive upload the files
- pull files from OneDrive to my machine
- decrypt files on my machine
What are your thoughts about my plan?
Is it possible to decrypt files pulled from the cloud with a SBP-profile? (Can't try it at this time, no cloud-account.)
Technically it's Moms notebook, but I bought it, installed it, supporting it: Is this covered by my home-licence or do I have too buy a second one?
Thank you in advance!
Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:
- This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
- If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.
- If you are entitled to technical support then please submit a support ticket. Please do not post the same question to the forum and also via a support ticket. Once again, 2BrightSparks does not provide technical support via this forum.
Suggestion needed: Copy files from far, far away (other country)
An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:05 pm
1 post • Page 1 of 1