Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

new here looking for some guidelines?

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
chris012

new here looking for some guidelines?

Post by chris012 »

Hi, I am new here and looking for some guides about 2BrightSparks. How could I upload backup of my website by using 2BrightSparks. And also want to know about the security. kindly guide me thank you.
Last edited by Kostas on Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove URL
smellycat

Re: new here looking for some guidelines?

Post by smellycat »

hi, did u find any info? I'm new here to and lookin for some one to help me :)
Sn3akyP3t3
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: new here looking for some guidelines?

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 »

Backup restoration is fairly simple. You do need to direct which folder the backup will be restored to. If you have been doing versioning when doing a backup it will prompt you which version to restore. I don't have any fancy restoration requirements so I can't speak to whether or not you can restore over say SFTP or anything, but experiment on your own to see if you need it.

You may want to just try to do a restore as a practice just to see what it offers using the Simulated Restore option. Then you can build up confidence on what settings to change and do it for real once you're ready.

As for security you're going to need to be a bit more descriptive about what security concerns you have. That's too broad of a topic without some area provided where concern is had. Some major sections of security are regarding security of credentials storage, security of settings stored, security of data in transit, security of data at rest (saved to disk).