Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Question about Intelligent syncronization

Do not post questions here! For reporting errors or missing information in help files, translations, documentation, etc. for all 2BrightSparks software and the web site.
reachesfar

Question about Intelligent syncronization

Post by reachesfar »

I'm currently using the free version SyncBackFree V8.6.3.0.

I want to upgrade to SyncBackPro but I have a question about how Intelligent Syncronization will work.
Here's an example of what I think it will do but want to check and make sure:

I back up from my desktop to an external hard drive.
I have a folder on my desktop that has jpg files in it. I create a new folder and move a jpg file in that folder to another folder. When I back up to the external drive, will it know to not only back up the new folder, but also remove the file on the external drive that was in the original folder?
Hope this makes sense.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Question about Intelligent syncronization

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
I have a folder on my desktop that has jpg files in it. I create a new folder and move a jpg file in that folder to another folder. When I back up to the external drive, will it know to not only back up the new folder, but also remove the file on the external drive that was in the original folder?
Yes, the default settings of an Intelligent Sync profile copies the file to the new folder on destination and removes that file from the older folder on destination. In addition, please note that the Intelligent Sync profile has an option to detect file renames/moves i.e. if a file is moved to a new folder on Source then the Sync profile detects this and moves the same file to a new folder on destination (instead of deleting and recopying the file). For additional details, read this forum post:
viewtopic.php?t=12189

Thank you
reachesfar

Re: Question about Intelligent syncronization

Post by reachesfar »

Thank You!