Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Forum: add: delete post functionality and update forum FAQ

Do not post questions here! For reporting errors or missing information in help files, translations, documentation, etc. for all 2BrightSparks software and the web site.
sbwul
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Forum: add: delete post functionality and update forum FAQ

Post by sbwul »

The forum FAQ still tells users to click on the 'Edit Button' (under: "How do I edit or delete a post? "). Think this is a bit confusing, as there is no edit button. One has to do a search for "Edit button" to find the explanation as to why there is no edit button.

Think the FAQ should be updated on this.
Alternatively, one might consider to have at least a "Delete post" option under User Control Panel, which then is a kind of alternative 'edit', i.e. delete post, send a new one = same effect.

Think it is a bit useless to have post that is either not being replied on, or users have meanwhile found the solution themselves.

Tks
=
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Forum: add: delete post functionality and update forum F

Post by Dave Wilkins »

The FAQ is written by phpBB, not 2BrightSparks. It refers to the default Edit settings, which we had to turn off due to spammers editing previous innocuous 'me too' posts afterwards, trusting this would not show up in our RSS readers

I guess the phpBB software doesn't allow you to pick and choose so that Delete is available but not actually editing. You can add a 2nd post requesting post#1 be deleted, and we'll oblige (also, the 2nd post)
sbwul
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Forum: add: delete post functionality and update forum F

Post by sbwul »

Dave Wilkins wrote:The FAQ is written by phpBB, not 2BrightSparks. It refers to the default Edit settings, which we had to turn off due to spammers editing previous innocuous 'me too' posts afterwards, trusting this would not show up in our RSS readers

I guess the phpBB software doesn't allow you to pick and choose so that Delete is available but not actually editing. You can add a 2nd post requesting post#1 be deleted, and we'll oblige (also, the 2nd post)
Okay thanks. I understand the reason, I was suggesting to have the FAQ updated (if possible). Anyway, cud my post "How to skip open files when synchronizing?" be deleted?
Thanks again.
=