Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

"Time & Date" discrepancies in Differences screen

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
daani

"Time & Date" discrepancies in Differences screen

Post by daani »

Since V9 of SyncBackFree I have noticed a few discrepancies related to the files Date & Time value on the differences screen which pops up before starting a run.

Please note that I am running SyncBackFree V10.1.24.0 32bit on Win10 and my profile for both instances described bellow are set to mirror so that files only on DESTINATION are deleted and are compressed in a single Zip file.

2.png
2.png (139.69 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
In the first case the difference screen has identified a file collision between the Source and Destination but the created property appears to be completely identical.

3a.png
3a.png (118.33 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
3c.png
3c.png (134.36 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
In the second case I renamed the same file, as you can tell from the Size (bytes) value, from "new-new.png" to "notes-8.png" so SyncBackFree is setup to simultaneously remove the original file in the Destination and copy the renamed file from the Source. But for the exact same file the Modified Date & Time value don't match. Is this a result of the Windows 10 OS rounding up time values for file compression?