Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Network error

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
PaoloR

Network error

Post by PaoloR »

Hi all.
I'm using the version 10.2.28.0 on PC with Windows 10 64 bit.
I have a NAS on my modem.
For a few days, when I back up on the NAS with a scheduled operation, the program gives me the error "network error".
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (12.86 KiB) Viewed 4937 times
If I do this interactively, everything works.
I deleted and recreated the profile, but the error remains.
Thanks for help.
ajs
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Network error

Post by ajs »

I expect that this is because the wrong format of username & password is being used, there are numerous peculiarities with Microsoft networking particularly when running with the task scheduler. I had similar issues but can remember all the details as this was several years ago, but it was related to when being run with the task scheduler the process could not access the credentials manager to get the username and password. The workaround was to set the username and password in the syncback profile for any task that you want to run scheduled.

Hope this is of help.

Andrew.
PaoloR

Post by PaoloR »

Thanks for your reply.
I tried to set the credentials in the "network" tab, but it doesn't work.
PaoloR

Post by PaoloR »

I think I have solved it.
I have set the scheduled operation to be performed "only if the user is logged in".
Now works
:lol:
PaoloR

Post by PaoloR »

I confirm that everything works.
Problem solved.