Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

grayed out options in SyncBack Free 9.0.1.1

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

grayed out options in SyncBack Free 9.0.1.1

Post by bhenshaw »

I am licensed for SyncBack SE version 8, but only downloaded the Free version of version 9 as I didn't want to pay for the upgrade unless I had tried it out first.

Some Global Settings are grayed out in SyncBack Free 9.0.1.1 for me. Not sure if they should be available or not.

- Easy
- Change the tray icon if any profiles have failed
- Amount of time to delay before background profiles are started
- Highlight profiles that have not run successfully for
- Expert
- User the Windows Event Log
- Settings
- The same directory as the program (where it is run from/installed)
- A specific folder (defined below)
- Only use the folder for settings. Do not use other folders.
- Settings Backup
- all options
- Encryption
- Store sensitive settings using the Windows Data Protection API
- Logging Settings
- Keep a history of # of log files to keep

Some Preferences are grayed out in SyncBack Free 9.0.1.1 for me. Not sure if they should be available or not.

- When all profiles end:
Attachments
image1.png
image1.png (5.32 KiB) Viewed 14354 times
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Re: grayed out options in SyncBack Free 9.0.1.1

Post by bhenshaw »

Swapna replied to the support ticket I opened even though I should not have been using that for the Free version. I didn't realize there are options not available in the Free version that are available in the SE version. I am licensed for SE v8, but not v9 as I wanted to try out v9 before buying it.

Thanks,
Bill
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Should these options be taken off the menu for Free or marked as (Pro or SE only)?

Thanks,
Bill
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will look into it.

Thank you.
tellfile

Post by tellfile »

Downloaded Free version and spent an hour putting sync accounts in only to be locked out by everything being grayed out right when I was ready to run it . I clicked everything for what settings were available hoping that I would hit on something that would un-gray everything. I should have tested it to see what would happen with just one account first. Have since uninstalled and gone looking for something else.