Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Windows login password

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
vj531

Windows login password

Post by vj531 »

Using windows 10 and SB V7.5.5

Windows login password not recognised! I know it is correct.
Getting many network errors when my destination is my NAS with the same password.
vj531

Re: Windows login password

Post by vj531 »

The above problem also means I can no longer edit schedules.

I hope someone can help?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

Are you by any chance using a PIN instead of the actual user password? If so, note that when SyncBack creates a Scheduled task on Windows Task Scheduler**, it requires the actual user's Windows password and it can't work with using a PIN.

I would suggest to change the login method to a standard Windows password instead of using a PIN.

** Some background information - if you are not already aware, SyncBack relies on Windows Task Scheduler to trigger the program on the scheduled date/time to run the task/s. When you create a Schedule within a profile, SyncBack only providing a drill-down into the Windows Task Scheduler (WTS) interface through the program's settings page to facilitate users in the creation and configuration of a Scheduled Task.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
vj531

Post by vj531 »

I am using a standard Windows password and V7.6.4.0

And it still does NOT recognise windows 10 password.

This is so basic a problem
dodahman

Post by dodahman »

i had same problem
here is get around. make a copy of the task. Schedule it. Works great.
There appears to be a slight difference in what is passed to the windows task scheduler between an old existing task, and a new task.
thanks to all who make this possible and wonderful...
rebecca.wallis

Post by rebecca.wallis »

This issue is driving me mental! I was hopeful that the above suggestion of making a copy of the task might get around the fault but it doesn't. I have made no changes to any of my password settings on Windows. I even tried updating my version of SyncBackFree to see if the problem was fixed but it's still refusing to accept my password. This program use to be brilliant but over the last 6 months it has become very buggy. Think I'll start looking at other options but I'm seriously bummed that all the time & effort I've put into setting up my syncs will be wasted. :cry:
rebecca.wallis

Post by rebecca.wallis »

Nevermind...I found the answer.

For anyone else researching this same issue, follow the steps on this page.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... file-error

I only had to do the Registry Edit part. Went back to the schedule that I was trying to create & it let me in. =D>