Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

The scheduler stopped working on Windows 10

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Saint_Taxerror

The scheduler stopped working on Windows 10

Post by Saint_Taxerror »

Hi,
Using SyncBackFree 7.6.4 on W10 and I never had any problem.
Being enrolled in the "Insider Preview Builds" program, I have recently received the build 14295.rs1_release.160318-1628 (Enterprise version, 64bits) and apparently the task scheduler of SyncBackFree is not working anymore.
Tasks can be run manually but do not start automatically when scheduled to do so. :evil:
I downgraded to 7.6.3, same behavior.

Has anyone experienced the same issue with this build ? :?:

Cheers
EG
Saint_Taxerror

Re: The scheduler stopped working on Windows 10

Post by Saint_Taxerror »

Seems to be a known issue with this build...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insi ... 767a5ea10d

I got exactly the same error ("Task Scheduler service is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it.") when trying to manually run tasks in the WTS which have been created by SB...

So, better to avoid this build .. I'll try to roll back :roll:

Cheers
EG
sjbaron42

Post by sjbaron42 »

I recently installed both the Windows 10 Anniversary Update along with SyncBackPro V7.6.28.0

This combination exhibits the same behavior with the "Task Scheduler service is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it." error. I have 3 PCs recently updated - 2 of them exhibit this behavior, the other one does not. It happens that the systems with the problem are notebooks.

Any suggestions? I've tried a bunch of remedies suggested on the web but cannot resolve this problem.

I should also point out 2 things:

-- I deleted and re-created the SyncBackPro task. No change to the behavior.
-- I *CAN* run other scheduled items. So it seems to have something to do with tasks created from SyncBackPro.

Thanks for any help!
HandSNZ

Post by HandSNZ »

Any one have a fix for this. I am having the same issue.

Syncbackfree V7.6.28.0
Windows 10
10.0.14393 Build14393

Thanks in advance
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

HandSNZ wrote:Any one have a fix for this. I am having the same issue.

Syncbackfree V7.6.28.0
Windows 10
10.0.14393 Build14393

Thanks in advance
Hi,

You may find the link mentioned on another topic useful: viewtopic.php?t=12387#p47446

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]