Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Program Before not being executed

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
peterhammer

Program Before not being executed

Post by peterhammer »

Hi Forum,

I´m using SyncBackFree and everything is working fine. The best backup tool I´ve tried so far.

But I wanted to execute a program before the backup runs and find out it is not working.

The program is a BAT file that echoes time to a TXT file. I'm doing this as a test. But with no luck.

If I double click the BAT or call it from CMD it works just fine.

Is there anything else that should be done for this to work?

Is there a log I can see errors like this?

And if anyone has suggestions regarding this matter, they are more than welcome.

Best,
Federico.

SyncBackFree v7.6.14.0
Windows 8.1 64bits
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Program Before not being executed

Post by cliffhanger »

How are you running the profile when you test it? Manually, or on a Schedule, or something else? Running 'for real' or Simulating?

Does the Test button on the Programs - Before page work? (It's not clear yet which stage "is not working")

Are you able to paste the command you have entered in Programs-Before here? (Better still, attach a screenshot of that settings page instead, so people can see the other settings, too).

Please also paste in the text of the batch file (don't try to attach the BAT!). Yes, I get it that the batch file works manually, but there are reasons why I ask.

BTW, a test here with Free 7.6.14.0 works fine for me with both a VBS and a BAT, so seems no inherent bug.