Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Flash drive destination folders all corrupted

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
iggj

Flash drive destination folders all corrupted

Post by iggj »

I am trying to use 64Gb flash drives (sticks) as backup destinations. I have set up 6 backups from various sources and combined them into a group. Run individually, they work fine, but running as a group produces almost total folder corruption. All the top-level folders are created OK, but the sub-folders are all wrong - mainly replications of the top-level folder names. In total, only 2 sub-folders, out of a total of around 16, actually got written to the drive (but duplicated several times and containing incorrect sub-folders in all except one case).
When I check the individual job logs, they indicate that every folder and file has been copied correctly from left to right - but they just are not on the destination drive.
This is NOT a SyncBack problem specifically - I have encountered similar problems with other backup software (which is why I am evaluating SyncBack). The only way I have been able to get a multiple (group) backup to work (with other software; not yet tested with SyncBack) is to reformat the flash drive as NTFS instead of FAT; unfortunately, this reformat has only worked (so far) one one particular brand and model of stick; the format fails on every other one I've tried.
Has anyone encountered this problem and found a resolution?