Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Error (5); log lists Recovery folder that doesn't exist

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
silt

Error (5); log lists Recovery folder that doesn't exist

Post by silt »

Hi. I've been using SyncBackFree for years to keep my storage drives in sync, and today I ran into an error that I can't figure out. The error is "Scan failed (5): Access is denied", but in the log it seems to be listing a folder that doesn't exist on the drive. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit, and my storage drives are E: and F:. The error log looks like this:

Left F:
Right E:

3:44:06 PM E:\Recovery\ Scan failed (5): Access is denied

But there is no "Recovery" folder on the E drive. Note, I do in fact have "Hidden items" checked in the View options. If I scan each folder on the drives separately, there are no differences, so I believe my files are in sync. But I can't figure out if SyncBackFree is reporting a folder that doesn't exist, or if the folder actually does exist but for some reason I can't see it.

Any help or suggestions you may have will be appreciated. Thanks.
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Error (5); log lists Recovery folder that doesn't exist

Post by cliffhanger »

G I Y F

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r286410 ... den-folder

Suggest read all of it. Note the post near the end, re '7Zip sees all' - so does SyncBack...