Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to delete from source if file exists on both sides

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
TheKevinator

How to delete from source if file exists on both sides

Post by TheKevinator »

Hi

I am new to this software and this forum so apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

When I import pictures from my phone I put them in a "pics/import" folder. I then always manually copy the contents of that folder to a "pics/ready to view" folder. I then go through all the pictures in the "ready to view" folder and delete the ones I'm not interested in, leaving only pictures that I'd ever actually want to view. Thing is, I like to keep the "uninteresting" pictures around (they are only in the "import" folder now that I've deleted them from the "ready to view" folder) just in case I ever need them.

So after the above I might have the following file and folder structure:

pics
--import
----picture1.jpg
----picture2.jpg
--ready to view
----picture2.jpg

In the above example there is no need to keep two copies of "picture2.jpg" so I'd like to delete the version from the "pics/import" folder. That would leave me with the following:

pics
--import
----picture1.jpg
--ready to view
----picture2.jpg

I was hoping to use SyncBackFree to achieve this, but I haven't been able to work out how. In my head the question is "What to do if file exists on source and on destination?" and the answer is "Delete from source", but I don't seem to be able to make that decision in SyncBackFree.

Could someone please show me how to do this, or let me know if I'm just barking up the wrong tree even trying to use SyncBackFree to do this?

Kind regards

Kev
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: How to delete from source if file exists on both sides

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, not supported. There is no option in SyncBack to delete a file from Source if that file is identical on both Source and Destination (please note that SyncBack simply 'skips' a file if it is same on both sides).

Thank you.