Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Windows 10 anniversary update

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
bodar

Windows 10 anniversary update

Post by bodar »

Very satisfied user of syncbackfree V7.6.28.0 . Never any problem, until yesterday when I installed the windows 10 anniversary update. Syncback does not start up with windows anymore and the scheduled profiles do not start, I can manually start the profiles. Anyone having the same problem and more important have you found a solution, please share. Sincerely John
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Windows 10 anniversary update

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, for the Scheduled profiles, try this post from 2BS from about a week ago. I'm guessing your situation is the reverse (you had 7.6.28.0 before you updated to Win10AU), but AFAICS it's the same issue. You should just need to use that new/extra config setting in 7.6.28.0 mentioned in MickyJ's post to unset the option mentioned, which the new version of a Windows Scheduled Task apparently assumes it should use by default (and then break...), if not configured otherwise.

For the Start With Windows ('SWW') aspect, that also uses a (silent) Windows Scheduled Task ('silent' = not configurable from SB UI except to toggle the SWW checkbox option that either creates or deletes that Task). However, an SWW Task is configured differently to Tasks that run a profile at a certain time (the SWW Task is configured to run SB itself On Logon of the opting-in user), so I suspect a new Task option that decides which session-type to run SB in if you are logged on already (and by implication, 'or not') would be a bit academic, if the Task only triggers on logon event anyway (so 'or not' would never happen :?: ). However, MS have been known to screw up before...

As I don't (yet...) have Win10AU, I can't see what Task options MS have changed/added, so I can't advise you further except >>>

Try unsetting the option to SWW in SB, then close/re-open SB and set it to SWW again. Now re-start the PC and see if SB auto-runs now? If it does, please report back for benefit of other users. If not, you'll need to report back anyway, and ask for 2BS to investigate further.
bodar

Post by bodar »

Dear Cliffhanger,
Unchecked the SWW box in SB and it starts up fine now. Thank You, For the scheduled profiles I installed the latest version SB mentioned, reactivated the profiles. (had to give the password only on the first profile) and will report tomorrow if the profiles will be started. Thank you for your help, appreciated, Sincerely, John
bodar

Post by bodar »

Dear Cliffhanger, The good news is all profiles are working, the funny thing is that when a profile is finished it would normally state so in the SB window (last performed), however that is not updated instantly. Only when I open a profile I can see the task is finished with time and date. After closing the profile the main window is updated. There seems to be a small bug. Thank you for your help
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Scheduled profiles use the Windows Task Scheduler*, which works by starting, using & then closing a separate (usually hidden) instance of SB - that is to say, separate to any instance of SB that might be running in your interactive session that you may be viewing. There can sometimes be a delay in the interactive copy picking up changes to Result, LastRun etc that have recently been stored in a just-run profile's config file (.ini) by a separate scheduled 'background' instance of SB.

This is because SB tries to keep a 'light footprint', so only polls your profiles for updated info every few minutes (not sure of exact interval).
You can press F5 to manually refresh the display of your interactive instance if you wish, which will re-poll for changed values 'on demand'.

Or, as you found, you can open/close a Modify window, which re-polls your main UI automatically on closing (in case any edit changed profile's Type, NextRun, etc). But using F5 is quicker 8)

* for more info about how the Task Scheduler works/inter-acts with SB, search the Knowledge Base on 'schedul*' (note the wildcard)
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

PS: if you prefer a 'mouse solution', there's a Refresh command on the Profiles menu, also on the pop-up menu if you right-click any profile.