Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Mirror sync

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
rektech

Mirror sync

Post by rektech »

I've been using syncback for while to copy files from my desk top to my laptop. I use the mirror feature and the file and folder selection feature. Every so often I check and uncheck the files in my synced folder so it will copy and delete the files on my laptop. It used to work great until the last year. Now it only copies the files and does not delete the files. I checked the settings and it says the delete files that are not in the source the days are set the 0. I can't figure out why this is not working anymore. Can some one help?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Mirror sync

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Could you please check if that destination only files (files that exist only on destination but not on source) are within the scope of your backup selection? You may have to check under ‘Choose sub-directories and files’ settings page to see if those files are listed and included in your file/folder selections (remember to hold the Shift key before you click on the "Choose sub-directories and files" button to display the files/folders on both Source & Destination locations). If they are out-of-the scope of your backup selection, then you may have to select them and re-run the profile to delete from destination.

The other possibility is, maybe the user running SyncBack does not have access rights to delete those files. Please check if there are any errors recorded in the log files regarding file deletions? Alternatively, you can create a new Mirror profile in SyncBackFree with same settings as your main profile and run this profile to see if it helps?

Thank you.
rektech

Post by rektech »

Under Decisions - Files
"what to do if a file exists on the Destination but not on Source"

I have it set to "delete from Destination if it hasn't been modified within the last" 0 days
this is what i've always had it set to

if i go under "choose sub-directories and files" i have most of my folders uncheck. i check one of the unchecked ones and apply the settings. i run the profile. it copies the file to the destination. i then go back in to "choose sub-directories and files" and uncheck the folder i just checked and apply and run the profile again but the folder doesn't get deleted. i am logged in as myself and i have admin rights on both computers. i even copied the profile and renamed it and changed the destination address to a different folder on the local hard drive and did the same thing. the files also did not delete. i even changed the modified last to 1 day.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
i check one of the unchecked ones and apply the settings. i run the profile. it copies the file to the destination.
At a guess, maybe the file that you have checked exists on your Source side? Thus, it was copied to your Destination when the profile was run. Note that in a Mirror profile type, the option "What to do if a file exists on the Destination but not on Source" - deletes a file from destination only if it does not exists on source side (that means if a file exists on both sides it won't be deleted).

As suggested, please create a new mirror profile (do not copy or rename the existing profile) and configure the Source and Destination paths as per your main-profile. Then run this profile in Simulated mode and monitor the Differences Window to see if it is proposing to delete destination only files?

Thank you.