Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Blank Email , or Out of memory Unable to email log file

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
rtrpm-syncback

Blank Email , or Out of memory Unable to email log file

Post by rtrpm-syncback »

Hi,

I've been using SyncBack free for a while now, very useful! But recently my backups have been failing and it seems that sending the email of the log is causing the trouble. I've upgraded to the latest V7.6.28.0, and I still get one of two problems:

1. Occasionally I get this Out Of Memory error message, and no log email is sent.
SyncBack_Email_Memory_Problem.jpg
SyncBack_Email_Memory_Problem.jpg (261.09 KiB) Viewed 4809 times
2. All other times I don't get the error message and an email is sent, but the email (as displayed in Yahoo) has No Subject and No Content, and no log file attached either.

The profile is backing up a 2TB disk which has 622GB used, with about 400,000 files to a 8TB backup disk (haha, note the profiles have this disk as a 8Gig disk not 8TB!!).

If anyone's got suggestions, or this is a known bug then please let me know,

Thanks.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Blank Email , or Out of memory Unable to email log file

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Out-of-memory error while sending the log files indicate that there are too many logs/big attachments to email. SyncBackSE/Pro has an option “Compress the attached log file and give the attachment a filename of…” under:

Modify > Log > Advanced settings page

to compress the logs into a single zip file and attach it to the email (which is enabled by default). But this option is not supported in SyncBackFree. If you want you can test with SyncBackSE/Pro, which we offer a free 30-day evaluation. You can download and install latest version of SyncBackSE/Pro from here:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html

If you do decide to purchase, the serial number will convert the 'trial' to the 'registered' version.

Thank you.
rtrpm-syncback

Post by rtrpm-syncback »

Thank you for the answer.

Could I also check (in the purchased version) the option 'Do not log skipped files or folders' to keep the log file size down? Would this work as well?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

If you do not want SyncBackPro/SE to log skipped files, then you can enable (or tick) the option "Do not log skipped files or folders" under:

Modify > Expert > Log settings page

This will help to minimize the log entries and reduce the log file size.

However, as stated in the Help file > Log section:

"Note that skipped files will also be recorded in the ignored section of the log file if the Log the reason why files/folders on... setting has been enabled."

So please ensure that you have disabled (or un-ticked) the options "Log the reason why files/folders on source/left are ignored/skipped" and "Log the reason why files/folders on destination/right are ignored/skipped" from the same settings page.

Thank you.