Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Copy from different folders

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
gtsolid

Copy from different folders

Post by gtsolid »

hello
i'm new and i'm trying to configure a mirror backup.
in source folder i have a lot of .pdf in different folders, in destination folder i have some .pdf, no folders.
i wish to take from source updated pdf and substitute them in the destination (matching names), without modifying any other files.
how can i do it?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Copy from different folders

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

By default, SyncBackFree in each run scans the Source and Destination locations to detect the file differences (using Last Modification date/time stamps, size etc.), and copies only new or changed files from Source to Destination without overwriting unchanged files.

Please refer to this link for more details:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... nged-files

However, SyncBack compares the files/folders on your Source with the same file/folder structure on your Destination.

For example: If you have configured your Source path as “C:\MyPrimaryData\” and Destination as “D:\MyBackupData\”, then SyncBack will compare the file “C:\MyPrimaryData\folder1\file1.pdf” with “D:\MyBackupData\folder1\file1.pdf”, but it does not compare “C:\MyPrimaryData\folder1\file1.pdf” with “D:\MyBackupData\file1.pdf”.

If SyncBackFree can’t locate file1 in “D:\MyBackupData\folder1\” (or it finds, but it detects the Source and Destination files are different) then it copies file1 from C:\MyPrimaryData\folder1\ to D:\MyBackupData\folder1.

Thank you.