Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to open the "difference window" only if there has been a change ?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Guy77

How to open the "difference window" only if there has been a change ?

Post by Guy77 »

Hello,

First of all a big thank you for releasing such a good product for free!

I am running SyncBackFree 7.6.36.0 under Windows 10 x64 and I have a simple question which is very probably some option than I cannot find...:

[I attach below (sorry it is in French...) the summary of my current options which and I use the same parameters in all profiles].

My question : Even if there has been no change between what is saved and the current files, when I run a profil, SyncBackFree opens the "difference Window" (which is empty in that case...). How to open such a window, only if there has been changes in my files?

Guy.

My current parameters:

Les fichiers seront mirroré depuis Source (C:\Users\Guy_HPE130\Desktop\) vers Destination (E:\Sauvegardes\SyncBack\Bureau\).
Si le même fichier a été modifié aussi bien sur Source que sur Destination alors le fichier sur Source remplacera le fichier sur Destination.
Les fichiers seulement présents sur Source sont copiés sur Destination.
Les fichiers seulement présents sur Destination sont supprimés.
Si un dossier vide n'est que sur Source alors la décision sera automatique.
Si un dossier vide n'est que sur Destination alors la décision sera automatique.
Seuls les fichiers/dossiers suivants seront inclus: *\,*\*
Le profil est enregistré dans C:\Users\Guy_HPE130\AppData\Local\2BrightSparks\SyncBackFree\
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: How to open the "difference window" only if there has been a change ?

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, your Differences window is presumably displaying because it did find differences between the two sides, but the found items are Filtered out / not being displayed (see Filter menu top left on Differences window itself)

Modify profile -> Expert mode -> Compare Options -> 2nd option

will suppress the window entirely if that's what you want. You can also suppress it whether it found stuff or not:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... dow-prompt

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... -all-files

have info you may find useful
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

PS: if you ever want to pass over settings again from the UI, simply switch Langu(ag)e briefly to English on the Preferences -> Langu(ag)e option, open your profile, take the screen grab (or other copy/paste), then close profile & switch back to French UI
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

Hello Cliffhanger,

Thank you very much for your quick answer, your were right : the items found were filtered.
(Tks for the additionnal tip regarding the language switch too.)

Have a great day!

Guy