Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

no results screen after run

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
55chevy

no results screen after run

Post by 55chevy »

I have v6.2.30.0 installed on my windows 7 64 bit desktop and it works great. I leave my computers on all the time so each morning when I get to my computer there are two screens opened in Firefox that tell me my profile runs were a success. I like seeing that. I don't remember having to do anything to make this happen, it just did it from the start.

I have just purchased a new window 10 64 bit computer and have installed version 7.6.36.0 on it. the test runs worked but the results did not show up as a tab in Firefox like my old version did above. I would like to have this feature active on my new machine. I have looked around for a place to activate this feature but had no luck. If it is still available any advice on how to activate it would be much appreciated
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: no results screen after run

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

If you want to change the way logging works, edit your profile and then go to Expert -> Logs and make sure the option "Display log after running a profile" is enabled (checked) and the option "Only when errors occur" is disabled (unchecked). This way the log should open in your default browser everytime a profile finishes running, successfully or not.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
55chevy

Post by 55chevy »

Thank you, what you suggested worked once I figured out how to change my default browser in Windows 10.
55chevy

Post by 55chevy »

Hi,

It did work a couple of times but now it is not working again. I have gone to my profiles and clicked on modify changed from simple to expert and checked show log after running a profile and unchecked only when errors occur. I have tried having my default browser set for Firefox and chrome and have conformation that the browser I choose is set as default. as I mentioned in my initial post I like seeing that my two profile have run successfully each day when I first go to my computer. When I open syncback software I can see the profile did run successfully but don't want to have to remember to do that.

thanks in advance for any insight
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

You haven't explicitly mentioned if your profile is set to run as a scheduled task or not. From what you describe it sounds like it is, which could explain why you are not seeing the logs anymore at the end of the profile execution.

Microsoft did a breaking change in the scheduler (yet again!) in the latest Windows 10 Anniversary Update which doesn't allow SyncBack anymore to run a scheduled task interactively with a user unless the schedule is marked to run only if the user is logged on. Otherwise the scheduled task will run on a separate session (which is invisible to the user) and therefore you won't be able to see the logs at the end of the execution.

To change this behavior, edit your profile's schedule and select the option "Run only when user is logged on" to allow Syncback to open the browser in your user's session but keep in mind that by doing this you scheduled profile task will only run when the user is already logged in, otherwise it will not.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
55chevy

Post by 55chevy »

Hi,

Yep that did it. This approach will work well for me since I leave my computer on all the time. thanks for the help