Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

design icon changed after runing a profil

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
graynon

design icon changed after runing a profil

Post by graynon »

Hi , for some of my directories i have change the standard icon by an another one.
after runing the saving profile , design icon on the saving support have been changed for the standard design.
how to have the same design on the saving support ?
thnk for your help
Georges
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: design icon changed after runing a profil

Post by cliffhanger »

1) You need to be copying the DESKTOP.INI files for those folders, and by default SB will Filter them out. Check your profile's Filters, and if necessary Remove the entry

*\desktop.ini

from the filters on right ('...NOT to copy...'). You will probably be prompted to include many DESKTOP.INI files as you Exit out of that procedure (you can say 'Yes To All' to speed this up)

2) you need to set SB to configure the Destination copies to use the DESKTOP.INI files that will now be copied.

Modify profile > Search (near foot of tree on left) > "desktop" > click 3rd hit

This gets you to the Copy/Delete > Folders settings page which has an option (2nd from bottom) to configure the copied folders to use the INIs. Press F1 on Folder page and read the Help on that aspect, especially how MS do not only use DESKTOP.INI to store such information. If it does not seem to work, it is possible you may have to wipe your backup and re-create it with the Filter removed and the config option set (that is, it may not work for Dest folders that already exist). All you can do is try it, both ways if necessary. I do not use custom icons, so can't test that. For the same reason I can't assist further if it doesn't work for you, but hopefully the above may help.
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

You will probably be prompted to include many DESKTOP.INI files as you Exit out....
should read '...as you OK out' (there is no Exit button; do not use Cancel, or it will...)
graynon

Post by graynon »

Hi Cliffhanger ,
thanks you for your message.
First, i must translate in french for a better understanding ...
second, asap i will try , i will keep you informed
Georges
graynon

Post by graynon »

Hi
- I have changed option about desktop.ini in my profile ok.

- You asked me to search "dekstop" , but this term is not found (neither "bureau" in french , I think you mean "Directory" .
So I have found directory and I have put on "when the file desktop.ini (used by W) is copied,
the directory is modified consequently to permit W used it"

I have run again the profil , but icon are not changed.

( for information when I make copy/past of a directory under W, the icon is also not changed.)

So , i have wipe all files to the target and I have run the profil.

The résult is now OK.

but as your said , due to how windows work, for next change , W will not update icon modified.

thank you very much for your assistance.
Best regards
Georges