Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

New files inside new sub-folders aren't included

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
rdsu

New files inside new sub-folders aren't included

Post by rdsu »

Hi,

I'm using v7.6.43.0, and new files inside new sub-folders aren't included.

The filter is set for specific files.

The root folder is set to "Include new files" and "Include new folders".

Is this a bug or a limitation?

Thanks for your support!
rdsu

Re: New files inside new sub-folders aren't included

Post by rdsu »

Some help?
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Conrad Chung »

Without screenshots to see what's wrong, I can only guess perhaps your filter rule is taking effect and auto-excluding new files that does not match the filtering rule specific criteria.

However, if you have set a filter rule to only include certain files for backup, and the new files which you added meets the filter rule requirement (but your profile is not backing them up for some reason), one possibility may be your filter rule is not set correctly. Please try reviewing the Filter Help file and see if you miss anything?

You can also disable Filtering temporarily, and see if the new files get included (to ensure your profile is working correctly).
rdsu

Post by rdsu »

Here we have one of those profiles:
2016-11-28_20h09_07.png
2016-11-28_20h09_07.png (42.45 KiB) Viewed 7851 times
2016-11-28_20h28_48.png
2016-11-28_20h28_48.png (62.94 KiB) Viewed 7851 times
If I disable temporarily, the new files, including in subfolders, get included in Backup...
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Conrad Chung »

Hi, you've forgotten to include the filter:

*\

under the Inclusion section.

Your filter rule can also be shortened to:

*\*Mars*.mkv

Refer to the program Help file on Filters to find out why the filter string *\ is necessary for your situation.
rdsu

Post by rdsu »

I didn't know that I needed to include another filter just for that, but makes sense...

Thanks a lot! ;)
rdsu

Post by rdsu »

This doesn't work exactly as I want.

I don't want SyncBackFree to backup the subfolder and file to destination, but only the file.

Example after backup:
source: \subfolder\file.mkv
destination: \file.mkv

Is this possible?
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Conrad Chung »

Hi,

I'm sorry, but that's not possible. SyncBack will back up the files according to the sub-folders where they are nested and also based on where you have pointed your Destination path to. If you want to backup just the file (without the folder), then you would need to configure your Dest-path to drill down to the exact sub-folder where the file is located.

IOW, it's not possible for SyncBack to backup a file in sub-folder A (on Source) and copy it to the root Destination; it has to be copied as-is (otherwise SyncBack would not know where to restore the file to during Restore mode).
rdsu

Post by rdsu »

Hi,

Ok, I understand what you mean.

Thanks for your support!

Regards