Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

One Profile - copy from different drives?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
mouse

One Profile - copy from different drives?

Post by mouse »

I understand that I can set up many profiles and as part of the profile, select which folders or subdirectories are included. Just wondering if it is not possible to set up one profile to include specified folders from drive A, other folders from drive B and some files from Drive C - assuming these all belong to a certain project and you wish to keep them backed up in one location? At the moment it seems to me that each profile can only have one drive, so that I need to set up a list of profiles to achieve my combined output.
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: One Profile - copy from different drives?

Post by Conrad Chung »

Multiple drive selection support (within a single profile) is only supported by SyncBack Touch (available in SyncBackSE/Pro) or by using the AllDrives script (scripts only supported in Pro).

For SBFree users, one workaround is to create different profiles (for each drive) and run them as a Group, so that whenever the Group runs, all profiles within the Group runs in sequence.
mouse

Re: One Profile - copy from different drives?

Post by mouse »

Conrad, thanks for your reply.
While it may be a bit more convoluted to set this up via a group, I think your suggestion as a work-around is fine for me. As long as I can run a number of backups that belong together with one command that will be fine. I was just worried that if I have too many individual profiles and they need to be triggered individually daily/weekly/monthly it's bound to cause problems with some forgotten. Using the group feature I can avoid that. I am not sure I am daring to try scripts and have not yet decided whether to to upgrade to Pro or SE. Will have a look at touch to see what benefit that would bring.