Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Can't create a Scheduled Task

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
zefrem7

Can't create a Scheduled Task

Post by zefrem7 »

Hello,

I'm having an issue creating a scheduled task. This is what's happening

1. Click on schedule and I get the prompt - "There is no schedule for the profile "Archive". Would you like to create one" - YES

2. Windows does not allow blank/empty passwords to be used with Task Scheduler. Would you like this restriction removed? - NO

3. Enter you Windows logon password for [user profile]. If you do not have a password simply press OK. - I ENTER MY PASSWORD

4. It says my password is incorrect (which it isn't) then when I cancel it says - "A scheduled task could not be created! The system could not find the path specified"

I'm at a loss here as I used to be able to create schedules no problem before I bought a new PC. I used Windows 10 64Bit on my previous PC as well as my new one so operation of the program should be the same but I can't get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Can't create a Scheduled Task

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please try the suggestion given in this KB article to resolve "The system cannot find the specified file" error

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... file-error

Thank you.
zefrem7

Re: Can't create a Scheduled Task

Post by zefrem7 »

Awesome! Thank you. The solution worked.