Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SynBackFree freeze when backup PST files

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Phill

SynBackFree freeze when backup PST files

Post by Phill »

Hi all,

I have a very annoying issue when running a profile to backup (sync) my Outlook PST files.
Often (but more yes than not) when I run the profile to sync my Outlook PST files, the profile freezes.

The symptoms are :
- The profile to sync my Outlook PST files freezes with the progress bar animation still running but the bar does not advances anymore. The remaining time also freezes but the running time is still increasing
- I cannot stop or abort the frozen profile by clicking on the stop button, the profiles remains in the same "running" state
- When I click on the stop button,I cannot open a new or close any running applications, I can switch however between running applications
- I can only abort the profile by ejecting the SD card from the drive, this will also "unfreeze" my laptop so I can close or open other applications
- When I eject the SD card, the profile reports a user abort error (removed media)
- When I rerun the profile, the profile always completes without further issues

My enviromental specifications are :
- Windows 7 - 64bit / 8gb memory / 256Gb SSD (encrypted) / 64Gb SD card (encrypted) as backup drive
- I run a daily group profile with four different profiles which sync any changed files from different folders and applications to the SD card
- The daily profile is scheduled to start every morning at 9am but I often start it manually before 9am when I have the time
- All profiles run without an issue except for the profile to sync the PST files
- I also have another monthly group profile including the same profiles but with another destination on which I do not have this issue

I already tried running the profiles manually after reboot and without any other applications running to make sure there are no locked files, but this did not change the results

I hope this provides you some insight on the issue and hopefully someone can provide a solution for this.
Any input, recommendations or possible solutions are more than welcome !

Thank you in advance !
Phill

Re: SynBackFree freeze when backup PST files

Post by Phill »

I forgot to mention, I'm running SyncBackFree v7.6.45.0 (Windows 6.1.7601) and the PST files are between 150Mb and 1.5Gb in size