Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SBF on two computers W7 PC and W10 laptop

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
yous

SBF on two computers W7 PC and W10 laptop

Post by yous »

I installed SBF on my laptop and made two backups to an external disk. In case my laptop is getting stolen or lost, how do I recover the backups via my PC with W7? Can I simply install a new SBF on my PC, will it recognize and put back the backups on this external disk?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: SBF on two computers W7 PC and W10 laptop

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You can install SyncBackFree on Windows 7 PC and restore files from external drive to your local drive.

To do this:

Create a profile in SyncBackFree with Destination pointing to a folder on your external drive where your backup data is stored and Source to a folder on your PC where you want to restore files. And configure all your settings (Compression or encryption) as per your main backup profile (i.e. the profile that you have used initially to backup files to the external drive). Then run the profile in 'Restore' mode, to restore files from the external drive to the Source.

Please read the help file > Using SyncBackFree > Basic Operation > Restoring a Backup for more details about backup restoration.

Thank you.