Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Deleting files in the synchronization method

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
EagleX

Deleting files in the synchronization method

Post by EagleX »

Hello,

I am using SBF to synchronize a number of local folders to google drive. It run`s every 15 minutes, and simply synchronize both folders.
I want SBF to also delete files that were deleted on one of the location, whether it`s the local folder or the google drive folder. However, I did not find a way of doing so. Currently, if I don't delete the same file from both folders in the time frame between 2 syncs, it will be copied again.
I thought about using the mirror method, but as far as I understand, it will be a classic A -> B situation, which does not feet the two way street way I require.
Please assist me. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Noam.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Deleting files in the synchronization method

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

In SyncBackFree, the Sync profile type is called Basic Synchronization, and this is different in commercial version (SyncBackSE or SyncBackPro) which is called Intelligent Synchronization, or Intelligent Synchronizationhronization.

The key difference is that BasicSync does not keep a database to remember which files are deleted or changed on either side like Intelligent Synchronization does. Therefore, in a BasicSync profile if a file is present on one side you can either configure the profile to delete the file from that side or copy it to the other side. However, a Intelligent Synchronization profile (in SyncBackSE/Pro) copies/deletes files in both directions. It also keeps a history of where files were during the last synchronization. Please read this link for more details about Basic Synchronization and Intelligent Synchronizationhronization in SyncBack.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/h ... ronize.htm

If you wish you can test with SyncBackSE/Pro, which we offer a free 30-day evaluation. You can download and install latest version of SyncBackSE/Pro from here:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html

If you do decide to purchase, the serial number will convert the 'trial' to the 'registered' version.

Thank you.