Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SyncBackFree has stopped responding entirely

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
autographedcat

SyncBackFree has stopped responding entirely

Post by autographedcat »

I am running SyncBackFree V7.6.50.0

When the program is launched, it appears in the system tray. If I mouse over it, it will display the version. but clicking on it does nothing, either left, right, or double. I stopped getting email alerts about updates on January 31st. (14 days ago), which means I doubt it is actually running syncs to my backup media, though I suppose it's possible it is. I haven't run a test to check.

Please advise. It's difficult to troubleshoot something that doesn't show you any errors.

Thanks in advance.
autographedcat

Re: SyncBackFree has stopped responding entirely

Post by autographedcat »

As an experiment, I downloaded a new installer and installed it over the old one. It run up to the end, but then got this error at launch:

Internal error: CallSpawnServer: Unexpected response $0.
charlie

Post by charlie »

all of a sudden I also have the same problem. syncback free starts in sys tray but cannot open up from there. tried to download new but download indicated syncback running and to disable same. I used task manager to disable then downloaded new 7.3.3.6 but have same problem.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please download and install SyncBackFree V7.6.50.0 directly from here to see if it helps:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

Do not uninstall and reinstall, or you'll lose your profiles & settings. Just install 'over the top'.

If the issue persists, submit a support ticket to [email protected] for further investigation.

Thank you.
autographedcat

Post by autographedcat »

I got the same error as above. Tried it again, but this time didn't ask to join the mailing list. It seems the mailing list option is what was triggering the CallSpawnServer error, but in any case, the program still doesn't function.

Killed the process and tried running it as Administrator. Still no love.

I have opened a ticket. Thanks!
autographedcat

Post by autographedcat »

Ah-hah. I just set it to run in Windows XP (SP3) compatibility mode, and now it's responding to me. It says it last ran on 2/10/2017, with the result "Email Log Failed", which may be because I changed my email password.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi Charlie,

To investigate further on this issue, could you please let us know the Anti virus program running on the PC where SyncBackFree is installed?

Thank you.