Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Directory creation on target (backup) drive

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
TomGreen

Directory creation on target (backup) drive

Post by TomGreen »

SyncbackFree gave an error on my last night back. Here is the message:

>>> Failed to copy from Source : Cannot create folder: F:\SyncBack\Analysis\Carra\ (The system cannot find the path specified)

I was trying to back up my C: drive (to F:\Syncback). I just created the 'C:\Analysis' directory and the 'Carra' directory under it. I put files in the Carra directory, but none directly in the Analysis directory. So I am guessing that Syncback did not create the Analysis directory on my back up drive and crashed trying to create the Carra directory.

Should be an easy fix :)

Take care and thanks for a great simple product.
--- Tom
TomGreen

Funny file names (subdirectory)

Post by TomGreen »

I just posted about a problem backing up a subdirectory, though I can't find that post now.

Here was the message:

>>> Failed to copy from Source : Cannot create folder: F:\SyncBack\Analysis\Carra\ (The system cannot find the path specified)

Checking further, it seems maybe that it was not a directory problem but possibly a messaging problem. In fact all files got copied correctly. Here are the 4 files that showed as being in error.

>>> \Analysis\Carra\0-Carra Rapport annuelle Infor à déclarer gdae_p1_2015_fp.pdf

>>> \Analysis\Carra\1-Cara DA annexexe4 . gdae_p4_2015_fp.pdf

>>> \Analysis\Carra\2-Cara guide_administration.pdf

>>> \Analysis\Carra\3-Carra dictionnaire gdae_p2_2015_fp.pdf

No idea why. Not a big problem for me, just a heads-up for you.

--- Tom