Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Files without Folder

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Limerick

Files without Folder

Post by Limerick »

Hello All,

Stupid question maybe...
I would like to know if it would be possible to sync, mirror or whatever files contained in several subfolders without mirroring these subfolders.

For exemple a Folder #1 which contains subfolders A, B, C and D, each one with one file (a, b, c and d), would be mirrored (or sync) in Folder #2 which would contain only files a, b, c and d, but without subfolders A, B, C and D.

Is it clear enough... :oops:

Thanks,

Lim.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Files without Folder

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, not supported. Please refer to this forum post for more details:

viewtopic.php?t=12835&p=48658#p48658

Thank you.
Limerick

Post by Limerick »

Thank you very much Swapna for your quick answer.

Sorry that it is not possible, I'll try to find a trick to be able to have all files in a single folder...

Lim.
Limerick

Post by Limerick »

For those who are looking for this feature, after a day of search, I have found this very useful tool, FolderMerger which does the work easily and efficientely.

Unfortunately, it requires a manual input before letting SyncBack doing its automated job... :(

But perhaps, it could give a good idea to the developpers ! :D
Limerick

Post by Limerick »

Well it is nice tool, but it requires to dump each time in an empty forlder. So this is not adapted to a synchronization process...

I think I have to find for another solution... or hope for Synckack enhancement ;)