On both machines I'm using v22.214.171.124 for Windows. I'm aware that more recent versions are available, but I have not updated it on the principle that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If the problem I'm having is fixed in a later version, I'll update now.
Here's my procedure: I have two SyncBackFree jobs on each computer, one to mirror files from the computer to a portable hard disk, and the other to mirror files back. Before the weekend I run the "computer to portable" job on the desktop, then the "portable to computer" job on the laptop. After the weekend I do the reverse.
Today I started the "portable to computer" job on the desktop, but the list of changed files seemed much too big, and included files that I didn't think I had touched over the weekend. I investigated further, and found that:
- I mirrored the desktop to the portable drive on 6/01 at 4:30 PM.
I mirrored the portable drive to the laptop on 6/01 at 4:36 PM.
I mirrored the laptop to the portable drive on 6/04 at 4:46 PM.
Nevertheless, there were many files on the portable drive whose timestamps matched the laptop (last changed 5/19) instead of the desktop (last changed 5/31).
Files that I did update over the weekend were mirrored correctly.